And for the good lady...?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mrs Bodge who isn't the worlds keenest cyclist (but is getting into it) said the other week that she'd quite like something in keeping with my bike and the whole 'retro' type thing... I found this yesterday amongst the Beetle bonnets and Splitty parts at a VW show. Aside from a thumb tack in the front tire and rust encrusted chromy bits (which have all cleaned up quite well) it's good to go. Not the most exciting bike I know, but as most of the guys here in the UK know American built (old) bikes are
very hard to find and are usually daft money. :|
hollywood.jpg

Looks like a solid Schwinn rider around her they aren't cheap ether. If your misses is like mine she'll love it because you got it for her

Nice find! I build a '68 Hollywood for my fiance for Christmas.

Before
P8020027.jpg

After
P8050001.jpg

P8050002.jpg

I also re-laced the wheels in a custom way to new Winneman hoops.
P8050064.jpg

Very nice. They are great riders and remember nothing can come back to life like rusty Schwinn chrome. Enjoy !

Both are beautiful bikes and they should last another 35-40 years. :D

Any full size Schwinn girl's tank (postwar) will fit that frame. Not the one that hangs on tabs but the full sized one. Find one in that blue and it will make a nice upgrade for the bike and shouldn't cost too much. A headlight and a chrome rack would really top it off. Gary

Thanks for the info guys. The wife is away at the moment so it'll be a few days before she gets to ride it!
Gary, cheers for the info on the tank, I wondered if one would fit. I'll have to start looking on here :)

Back