An Old Man from Fort Wayne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone my name is Mike Ammon. I live in Fort Wayne,Indiana. I get to do a lot of cool things at work with CNC milling machines and lathes. I get to weld, grind, sand and polish.
I started working in 1973 and used my second paycheck to buy a Schwinn Varsity. This poor bike has gone through 5 different looks in it's long life but I still love to ride it.
I bought an old 1955 Schwinn red and white cantilever frame from a friend at work 26 years ago which I made to ride around the addition with my kids when they were first learning to ride. Since then I up graded to a 3 speed coaster and chrome springer about 5 years ago and after seeing bikes on this site last week I took the Stumpjumpers off and gave the bike wide whites. A much better ride for my old knees. This bike is one year older than I am so I have to respect it for being a survivor.
I have a Super Le Tour for a road bike which is always getting parts upgraded. I love it when someone comes up on their new aluminum or carbon and says I used to have a Le Tour and I ask why they got rid of it because they are great old bikes. I have a second Le Tour with fenders and racks for my commuter bike. These four bikes are a constant in my life. They are like my wife and kids I will have them forever.
I will post pictures of my bikes later.

Welcome!! Can't wait to see the photos.

How close are you to Turtle Town USA??

I was in Churabusco (spelling?) for business when I saw that sign upon entering. made me laugh. So did the story of why. a tool maker we do business on occasion is based there. QSI. Know of them?

:) Welcome ...from one old man to another.. lol! Good to see your looking after the colonies for us! take care.

Welcome, old man!

welcome!

go Tin Caps!

Back