AMF Roadmaster Skyrider Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across this very nice Roadmaster today.

Can anyone tell me what year this bike is, or where I might research the AMF serial numbers?

S/N R477858

Also, looking for the headlight lens, and a suggestion as to where I might get the plastic headlight re-chromed.

DSC05672640.jpg

DSC05683640.jpg

DSC05676640.jpg

DSC05674640.jpg

DSC05679640.jpg

DSC05681640.jpg

Thanks,

That's a cool Roadmaster.

Does it say Arkansas on the label on the seat tube? That plus the sprocket would date it around the early 60's. The factory was in Ark in the 60's and that sprocket was the one they used right after the star sprocket.

And, of course, check that tank for a roll of dough!

Soak the plastic in windex to strip the "chrome" plating off the plastic then spray it with duplicolor chrome. It will look darn close to original.

The pork chop - its a Bendex RB2 single red band coaster.

The decal on the seat tube does not have Arkansas or anything else on it.
In the center is a blue bike rider with one arm flung back.

GTX, any possibility that your headlight has a lens in good condition? I can pay well for it.

Thanks, for the information all!

Now this is years ago so it may not be there now,, But there was a place in MI that chromed some plastic parts for me on a truck restoration. Maybe called mikes?? I cant remember. I haven't tried to google em yet.

jerrykr said:

GTX, any possibility that your headlight has a lens in good condition? I can pay well for it.

Mine is gone,but I'm making one out of UV resistant Lexan and fitting LED lighting in it with rechargable cells.

jerrykr said:

RB-2 is 64'' and later....

Latest posts

Back