American Pickers Picked !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got this stem yesterday at Antique Archiology in LeClare Iowa we had stopped on the way to Denver 2 weeks ago and bought a lightening rod for the wifes shed. didnt pay attention then but later found that we had extra ferals that go over the glass bulb ends. Decided to stop on the way and give the extras back to them as the had more rods that were missing that part. Found this stem in a pile of parts when we were lookin around. No price on it so we asked Becka the girl at the desk if she could price it they couldn't but she sent a photo to Mike in South Dakota we went to lunch and when we stoped back on our way to the jeep they had a price $10 pretty nice of them to bother on this small item. any body know what its from? alum with a small R cast in to the stem shaft.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm pretty sure thats a Rollfast stem. I've been looking for one but the only one I have found was on the bay. The buy it now of $100 sent me running :shock: Nice score!

Rollfast. I remember seeing that when I parted a pre-war one out about a year ago.

Yep that's a prewar Rollfast Swan stem. There was also a deluxe version with 3 fins etched in it--same profile. Awesome condition!

Jpromo said:
Yep that's a prewar Rollfast Swan stem. There was also a deluxe version with 3 fins etched in it--same profile. Awesome condition!

yupp my roll fast has that one they call that etched one art deco... thisis a real nice stem and cleann.. 8)

Stem is destined for a mix up bike Monark braced truss rod fork from Simple man, 53 Schwinn Spitfire straight bar frame and parts from Markm Maybe 4spd nexus drum brake hub. over this winter season.

Back