Am I the only one.......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it got to 60 in Indiana today. Suppose to storm tonight and get nasty again :roll: Im ready for spring/summer.

Hey just move down here. It has been in the mid 70's the last two weeks. Anyway its a few months till our hurricane season starts Hummmm . :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey just move down here. It has been in the mid 70's the last two weeks. Anyway its a few months till our hurricane season starts Hummmm . :shock: :shock:
I dont know, would you get arrested for doing wheelies around the Alamo? :D It would be good to ride all year without your eyeballs freezing to you eyelids.

I dont know ? We haven't had much of a Winter yet but we did get a couple inches of snow today . We can use all we can get here in
California, been kind of a dry year and the lakes are getting pretty low.......let it snow :D

Central IL hasn't been to bad as far as snow but we've had lots of ice, rain, some flooding earlier in the winter and always lots and lots of wind. One good thing about winter, there's no bugs. I think a strong low pressue system is winding up right now over N.Mex. and sometimes that means we'll get a snowstorm in 4 or 5 days. Oh well... B607

Speaking of weather...

Everyone was in bed this evening and I was out tinkering in the garage.

They had forecast strong storms this evening with a Tornado watch until 9:00pm.

I had the garage door open and was enjoying the lightening display when I thought to myself....hmmm, seems kinda quiet all of a sudden.

Sure enough...2 minutes later the airraid sirens start going off and I'm closing down shop and gettin in the house.

Wake my wife and three kids up and we all pile in the pantry with my daughter's mattress.

Listening to the radio and them saying that the rotations are just a few blocks from our house. :shock:

It all passed by in about 20 minutes and everyone let out a big sigh of relief and a thank you Lord.

Not sure how you folks in Kansas deal with that all the time.

Rat Rod said:
Speaking of weather...

Everyone was in bed this evening and I was out tinkering in the garage.

They had forecast strong storms this evening with a Tornado watch until 9:00pm.

I had the garage door open and was enjoying the lightening display when I thought to myself....hmmm, seems kinda quiet all of a sudden.

Sure enough...2 minutes later the airraid sirens start going off and I'm closing down shop and gettin in the house.

Wake my wife and three kids up and we all pile in the pantry with my daughter's mattress.

Listening to the radio and them saying that the rotations are just a few blocks from our house. :shock:

It all passed by in about 20 minutes and everyone let out a big sigh of relief and a thank you Lord.

Holy cow!! That has got to get the ol heart pumpin!

It snowed here last night and is snowing again tonight.... We have had snow on the ground over a dozen times this year... once had a foot in my yard (I am at about 300 feet above sea level so thats kinda odd ) In the 10 years Ive been here this is the only "real" winter we have had... and its still not really a real winter. I grew up in Idaho where it really snowed and really was cold.... I love Idaho but I sure don't miss working in the winter cold (although I do miss playing in the snow) We had one day last week that was sunny and about 60 deg... it was like heaven

Rat Rod said:
No earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, mudslides, avalanches, poisonous snakes/bugs here. Guess it all evens out.
It sounds like several were killed in between us Steve around OKC. Were waiting to hear from family there.
And speaking of volcanoes... My Daughter and family are currently waiting out a volcano in Alaska.

It got up to almost 70 on Saturday, so I spent most of the day power washing the house and yard. Yard. That's right, everything is so caked in winter funk here that even the grass has sand and decomposed leaf goop all over it. I love snow, but not what it leaves behind.

I think I will take the snow we got this morning over tornadoes. I think the only "natural" disaster might happen if a D@m burst or something big erupts in Yellowstone.

Back