Alsa Killer Chrome ? Anybody tried it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I saw Jay Leno recommend a spray-on Chrome paint for use in restoring old parts. It's a 3 step (base coat, powder chrome, and sealer) type of thing that is supposed to give you a hard, shiney chrome finish. It's called Alsa Killer Chrome.

I've read their web-site, and it looks pretty impressive.... but I also remember old-style "chrome paint" spray cans that looked like garbage. :? SO.... is this stuff any better? Has anybody actually used it? If you did, did it work OK for you?

I agree ! it looks amazing!! tho I have never tried it or seen it in person.. YOU NEED TO TEST IT OUT FOR US!!! :lol:

Gentlemen..... I think you are right. A proper test might just be needed. I was hoping however that someone else had already done such a test, and I could benefit from their knowledge. If nobody has any reviews to post in the next few days..... I'm going to try it out, and let you all know how it works.

Stay tuned to this channel for the latest updates!

Killer Chrome from Alsa is perhaps the best of these products on the market, (but also one of the expensive.)
The trouble with the spray-chrome has been the top clear , who after a while get ruined by the environment, sun,rain &dust, and then the chrome (who is similar to a silvering) begin to corrode,fast. Every producer of the "stuff" says the get new types of the clear, who solves it....but try finding a painted item, who has been outside for some time/mnths, to check if it holds up. For indoor use,its great....but outside...?

One question.. How much does it cost and what quantity doeas it come in also..??? OK.. That was two. lol

I tried it and was not impressed. looks more like the dull side of Aluminum foil. and like stated above if you put any clear over it it dulls to look like any other silver paint..

Catguards006-1.jpg

I was looking into this and ...its expensive, I also had samples of the product ,that looked good ,but it didn't hold up to the Toyota test....they sat in the back of my car for a while and the chrome became faded after being in the summer heat, but normal use might be alright.

Back