Alley Garbage #2: Specialized Hardrock Sport

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
special_5.jpg

I'll have to look into the details of the bike, but I was certainly surprised to find this in a pile of garbage late Friday night. From what I've read this is a decent entry level mountain bike. Which is pretty exciting because I've had a desire recently to give mountaineering a chance. :wink:

My plan is to instill it with some rat rod sensibilities, with a color scheme Gary Panter would appreciate. This bike is well used--it's covered in some heavy-duty cement-like mud and the biggest chainwheel may be shot due to rust and some worn down teeth. But I've got some parts that I won't have to buy, so I'm hoping to keep the rebuild cost around 100.

Sweet find..No doubt that is a great bike..it must have had some clip pedals on it..and thats all they kept off it..If you ride in a wet area you will appreciate the fenders..I would keep them on it..Great score..I went with my son and a friend on our mtb bikes today for a little 20 mile ride..great time to bad the week end is over..Again great score ride the heck out of it give it a chance.. :wink:

Good to hear! mt biking really seems like a lot of fun. I'm close to some good trails, but for the most part I think I'll be jumping around on picnic tables and benches. Maybe relive my bmx days, maybe pull some muscles, who knows. I'm getting a slow-motion start on the bike now http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18864

Back