Alchemist Custom Bicycles is Born!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey fellas, I just wanted to direct your attention to an evolution in my bike building. I've been getting more serious about my custom bicycle side business over the last few weeks, and so, on a suggestion from a few friends and customers, I created a Facebook page for just that purpose. If you enjoy following my builds, you may want to "like" it. I've been using the name Deven Science Labs for my bikes since the beginning, but I didn't think that name rolled off the tongue well, so after some debating, credit goes to my wife, who helped me come up with a great new name. You may now follow Alchemy Custom Bicycles, where we attempt to turn steel into gold.

Being a pipefitter, I often have several weeks to months off at a time, and that's typically when I build at the frantic pace that some on here have commented on. With these frames, plus other parts that I want to look into, I just wanted to make the building a little more formalized. I wanted to have a little more direction. That's where Alchemy comes in. It will continue to be a side business, as I really doubt that this could make me the kind of money that fitting does, but I just wanted to give myself a little kick in the rear to step it up a notch.

Keep building, all!

http://www.facebook.com/AlchemyCustomBicycles

Re: Alchemy Custom Bicycles is Born!

Great name and hats off for the leap of faith brother! There is a market for what we do.

Roly...

MIGZ said:
Not sure if you are aware, but there is already an Alchemy out there and they also make hand made custom bikes.

http://www.alchemybicycles.com/

Dang, and I thought I had picked the name so cleverly.

Well, the names aren't exact, and there are only so many names in the world, I suppose. If I was launching an Internet empire, I might worry about it.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

They were at the North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show in Denver this past weekend.

I think your frames are very nice...I really wanted to buy the one you just sold.
I would suggest you find a different name.. :mrgreen:

Houndog said:
I think your frames are very nice...I really wanted to buy the one you just sold.
I would suggest you find a different name.. :mrgreen:

Turns out there is also Alchemy Bicycle Works. I'll think about adjusting the name.

I like devin science labs.
Or just devin science bikes?
I dunno.

i agree, i like devin science labs better myself. names wouldnt matter to most of us, but with your talent, i think youre headed for the big time, might as well get the name right now before you get big enough that someone complains about copyrights and stuff. just my thoughts on the subject.

Congratulations on your new business venture.

Regardless of the name you select for your company, your bikes are exceptional in design and execution.

Back