Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been raining so bad here that my back yard has turned into a lake. I live on top of a hill and we have so much rain that the water has no where to go. My work shop is in my back yard so I haven't been able to get to it in a couple days. Maybe this weekend I'll get back to working on the bike.

I just want to get home and work on Agent Orange. I'm thinking the tank should be in primer by Sunday. So I should be able to start laying out the paint job next week. If the weather holds out I'll at least get the base coat done. Wohoo!!

When it rains it pours! My Nova broke down so I've been riding the bike to work. The problem is... it's not optimal riding weather.

When it rains it pours! My Nova broke down so I've been riding the bike to work. The problem is... it's not optimal riding weather.
Yeesh! I've done that, I remember the large ice cold puddle in my crotch while riding home...

Yeesh! I've done that, I remember the large ice cold puddle in my crotch while riding home...
It sure beats walking thou. Looks like I'll be riding in the rain again on the way home tonight. Ugh!!

I didn't get as much done this weekend as I hoped to. It rained non stop plus I had to get the old Nova running again. I did some more mock ups and after much staring I decided that the frame sits too high. I'm thinking of either making my own springer, that sits lower, or just buying a 26" lowrider springer. I'm not sure how much lower that will make the frame yet, if anyone knows please let me know. I'm also going to move up where the rear wheel mounts but I wont know how much until I get the front lowered.

Now it really does look like a Fred Flintstone brontosaurus rib!!
Looking good man!

Thanks KF. With no pedals right now it rides like a Fred Flintstone car. I guess I should take a picture of the tank at a different angle.

Yeah brother you need to keep that "Bone Look" idea on a shelf, to be used in a future build. That tank is a killer hip bone from a Ty-RAT-a-saurus....

Carl.

From other angles, and once it's painted, it wont look like a dinosaur bone. I'm not really into themes, I'm more into how one piece flows into another and how the overall look flows all together.

I'm not knockin' it. I'm sure soon as you get some old school lowrider paint flowing on it, it's gonna be sweet. Them curves you got goin' look good already in just primer. But that bone thing... I've never seen anybody do a bone bike that really looked like bone. I still think it's an idea worth saving...

Carl.

I love custom bike builds and love those who think outside the box. You nailed it on all accounts, this is one sweet build. I love the way it looks in your last picture with the current springer and the relation of your tank to height of the fenders. I am afraid if you go with the bent springer it may get your pedals too low to the ground? have you thought of stretching the frame from the crank down to give it the low look you are trying to achieve without moving the crank height? Just thinking out loud and really digging the build.

I love custom bike builds and love those who think outside the box. You nailed it on all accounts, this is one sweet build. I love the way it looks in your last picture with the current springer and the relation of your tank to height of the fenders. I am afraid if you go with the bent springer it may get your pedals too low to the ground? have you thought of stretching the frame from the crank down to give it the low look you are trying to achieve without moving the crank height? Just thinking out loud and really digging the build.
Thanks dorr. Yeah, I've actually thought about adding to the frame to make it look lower. I'm still at the drawing board with what I'm going to do. I might make my own forks since I need to push the front end out a little because if I'm pedaling while I turn, my foot hits the bottom of the front fender. I have 2 months to the day to finish this, I just hope it doesn't take that long.

Started converting the Caddi light over to a battery powered LED. It's amazing that one LED light bulb, a battery pack, batteries, wire, an on/off switch and a LED holder can cost more than the whole Caddi light. Oh well, it's going to look sweet!

What scale is that Red Baron on your desk/workbench?

I just want to get home and work on Agent Orange. I'm thinking the tank should be in primer by Sunday. So I should be able to start laying out the paint job next week. If the weather holds out I'll at least get the base coat done. Wohoo!!

1) Rain gear, don't leave home without it
2) What year/make/model dual sport?
1993 DR350 here

1) Rain gear, don't leave home without it
2) What year/make/model dual sport?
1993 DR350 here
It's a 1980 Honda XL250S. I have two identical of these bikes. The other one has less than 2500 miles on it too and in almost new condition. This one looks new also but as of today I've put 9170 miles on it.

A 1993 DR350. Very cool. I used to ride one of those. It wasn't mine, it belonged to my cousin, but a nice riding bike.

I ride this bike everywhere.

Last edited:
Back