Addiction or affliction?...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dunno, but I can't seem to stop. I seem to have developed a thing for war era bikes (not to mention bikes in general). It's kinda beat, but it should be fun to mess with. As far as I can figure it's an early 40's Goodyear Eagle. Who knows?...
Eagle2.jpg

Eagle.jpg

It has studded Goodyear tires. Maybe since it's snowing here I'll take it for a spin.

Great find! I love the curved bars of the frame and that front fork/strut set up is very sweet. I know very little about bikes, especially the old geezers but I thought Eagle was a bike company, seems like I've seen one at a bike show. It's cool no matter who made it and put me on that jealousy list!
Yeah Randy that seat tube does have a sexy little bend to it.

I thought this was the support group forum. :shock: Now I REALLY have a problem. Why take 12 steps when I can pedal. :lol: Oh yeah, nice bike!!!

shelby eagle? around 36-38??

i had a '34 with the same badge i believe (it may have said GAMBLES on it too?)

update: the badge ain't the same :| the sprocket is though
i got this from the original owner. he said he got it in 1933 or 1934.

im000986.jpg

im000987.jpg

im000989.jpg

you can snail mail a picture to NBJ ie: newsletter by john polizzi in indianapolis. he knows everything. i've called him on a couple of bikes i had questions on. if you PM me your address, i'll send some dated copies of his newsletter to you. it's worth the $14/year if you subscribe to him. you can have a couple of mine and decide. there's TONS of info on prewar and bikes in general. i suffer from the same illness, articles to look at is some of the best medicine.

Back