Abraham Linkage woes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that awesome Felt Abraham Linkage Springer that got us so excited has now been raised in price from $90 to $120!!
That's a 1/3 price increase and now it costs as much as the Monark repop (unless you get the repop from a guy in LA for $90-100).
I really like the Springer, but I refuse to support such an outrageous price increase and frankly, I can't afford it now.

You guys shouldn't complain too much, the Abe is unavailable outside of the US, I bought two via a friend of a friend living in the US, cost me € 110,- each, including shipping, do the math. Still well worth the money, the Abe is a great fork.

And, to put things in perspective, I payed € 140,- for the Crossbow Monark (again, do the math..!) and the Abe is ten times better than that POS.

Never mind the price increase, for now, the Felt site still says the Abe is 'out of stock'..

Just because you paid more due to your location doesn't mean a 33% price increase is justified, much less appreciated. According to your 'logic,' you paid more so everyone who paid less than you has nothing to complain about.
I live within driving distance of their CA location but I'm still not going to buy one for $120.

I'm sure that when the company saw that there was a good secondary market for this fork, and yes they watch sites like this one to guage market trends, they boosted the price. Capitalism at work@@@@@ Maximizing profits. You can build a good homemade fork for 120 bucks, and its your own.

Dorian

GameBent said:
Just because you paid more due to your location doesn't mean a 33% price increase is justified, much less appreciated. According to your 'logic,' you paid more so everyone who paid less than you has nothing to complain about.
I live within driving distance of their CA location but I'm still not going to buy one for $120.

You oughta try Bicycle Discovery down in PB, they usually carry Felt cruiser parts, might have one hanging on the wall for the old MSRP.

Give it time, I'm sure when they see the decrease in sales they will put the price back down. :mrgreen: ...........Well one can hope anyway

Thanks for the suggestion SoCal, but Bicycle Discovery only carries the bare minimum of Felt parts. I always have to have them custom order everything, but at least I avoid shipping charges that way.
I hope that Felt drops the price when they see the decrease in sales. I already mentioned my displeasure on their Facebook fan page and the rep suggested I avoid a gas tank fill-up to pay for the increased price. What a douche!
My problem is that I was waiting for the Felt 1903 seat in black to come back in stock and was planning on ordering the seat and springer together and then they raised the price.
I can buy a pretty decent bike for $120 (Nirve, Dyno, Electra) and fix it up to look nearly brand new, so it's hard to justify that price on just a 'luxury.'
Oh well, now I can return to my search for a Roadmaster, Beehive or other old-school springer for my Torker build.

I've found some Felt forks like on the MP and other stuff before on the back wall near all the choppers(101 side). Usually no real stock though just 1 of whatever it was.

GameBent said:
My remarks weren't meant to justify the price increase, I agree 33% is pretty steep and I never said there's was nothing to complain about.

The 'logic' you speak of is yours, not mine, all I was trying to say is that it's all relative; to me, even $ 120,- would seem acceptable for a quality fork.

I don't know, sometimes I think you Americanos might just be a teensy weensy bit spoiled... :wink:

Considering the steps involved in producing something like this, and the major hits being taken by U.S. businesses right now, I'm not surprised. What would it cost someone for YOU to make a legal living (taxes, insurance, tooling, materials, labor, transportation) making them? Perhaps you'd prefer a made in China sticker. :|

Felt would not have introduced it at $89.99 if they didn't make a profit in doing so.
I wouldn't mind a $10 price increase so much, but $30 is exactly 33% or 1/3. That seems outrageous when there have been no improvements or upgrades to the item.

Maybe the shipping costs for Felt bikes and parts from Taiwan are going up? At least Felt gets their stuff made in Democratic Taiwan instead of Red China. As the parts come in from Asia you would think they could drop some off half way in the United Kingdom and sell them at a lower price? Maybe its taxes and duties? Does the U.S. have free trade with Taiwan?

deorman said:
Considering the steps involved in producing something like this, and the major hits being taken by U.S. businesses right now, I'm not surprised. What would it cost someone for YOU to make a legal living (taxes, insurance, tooling, materials, labor, transportation) making them? Perhaps you'd prefer a made in China sticker. :|

I prefer "Made in Taiwan", thats where Felt gets their stuff made. Much better than Communist China for sure :D

:oops:
Dorian said:
Maybe the shipping costs for Felt bikes and parts from Taiwan are going up? At least Felt gets their stuff made in Democratic Taiwan instead of Red China. As the parts come in from Asia you would think they could drop some off half way in the United Kingdom and sell them at a lower price? Maybe its taxes and duties? Does the U.S. have free trade with Taiwan?

Yes, with few restrictions, U.S. has free trade with Taiwan. But halfway??? The parts come in shipping containers straight east across the Pacific to our west coast. San Diego, L.A., San Francisco, and Seattle are the primary ports from all of Asia.
The parts never cross Asia/Europe.
Maybe that's the problem, the UK has no distributorship?

the solution is simple, you dont have to buy it, it is your money so dont buy it and keep your money, quit crying about it, there is other people that will pay for quality

olschbp said:
the solution is simple, you dont have to buy it, it is your money so dont buy it and keep your money, quit crying about it, there is other people that will pay for quality

B..B..But..sob...I..sniff...sniff...sob...can't aff..fff..ord..it...now.
Waaaaaahhhhhh!!

Back