ABOUT TIME!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you guys know I been here for a while, use to post alot and been looking for a good project for maybe a year+ .. have been away from site for a while but I still lurk and check out the finished rides....Well!! My time has came, I picked up my first rat to be today, after a few failed through, some where given away lol..etc. etc. Money is tight so progress will be slow but Ill do my best to keep on it.

Here are the pictures, bike cost me 50$ and to be honest, my first plans were to cut / stretch/ lower but after riding it around the block I cant put myself to doing it, because it rides AMAZING! Lady said its been sitting for years but it still had air pressure, and it was more then enough to hold me on there (258pds) ..so there is no way Im cutting it, but I will strip paint clear, wet sand, clear wet sand again :) and probably get some apes for it, a new fork, tires being old are still MINT but their age is showing, I love the white walls so Im sticking with em .. and maybe ill fill the tank area in but Im not to sure, its growing on me the way it is :) .. Wanna ditch the coaster brake and put a lever brake, but Im sure sure if I wanna do that or what yet, well see as the build goes. Gonna have to price parts out first, take bike apart see what I could sand off repaint etc.

newbike1.jpg

first ride >> amazing!!

newbike2.jpg

I just cant believe how smooth it rides, its solid as a brick too, not sure the year, I didnt check it out Ill know more when Im taking it apart. Its been so long if you guys could post good sites for parts ill appricate it, any picture of similar bikes as motivation will be great too, or ideas / tips .. If I chop the back off and flip it will it lower the bike?

I hope so, I want to reaplace some of the rusty parts with new ones, they run pretty cheap on lovelylowrider, get a new double springer, and maybe new handle bars, not sure what kind .. was leaning towards apes but dont know how they will look, I wanna take my time and make it look nice, need a new rear hub as well, dont want the coaster brake, want it as a free wheel with possibily a front brake? not sure yet, Ill figure it out as I go but I figured one thing out ... I cant stop riding it in circles around my driveway

l_2c8ca274cb8a4781a677650b777cf182.jpg

Pawel said:
you guys think ape hangers would work on it or no?
If you like the look, then they work. Never mind what everyone else says! I personally like low track bars, but everyone's got their tastes.

yea I just dont know where to go with it, I wnt to fill in the tank but dont lol I dont know..I was at the store last night looking at paint and couldnt figure out what color to get they have SO many lol

I think some small-ish apes would be cool. I just used a set off a '06 StingRay on my old RoadMaster, and loved 'em. Makes the bike a little more "adult-sized" as far as riding position goes, but also small enough that they don't look too out of place.

if I go apes im going retarded size haha, and I came up with a color :D but I wont say till its sprayed, gonna start taking it apart tomorrow after the manchester united game in the morning, then Ill probably run to the store get some paint stripper, sand paper, maybe a small case of bondo and some sheet metal, fill in that tank..well see what tomorrow brings with more pictures and its own build thread.

Back