Abner DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mink oil will seal and soften it don't use to much
download (4).jpeg

This what I use cheap and works great. I apply a little bit (to much will over soften) just rub it in with the pad provided. Make sure the seat is dry.i get it at Walmart here best bang for your buck you'll have it forever.

Anyone know anything about RIGA saddles? I'm thinking it is European due to the metric bolts.

Anyway, I bought this a while back and really like how it looks on Abner.

View attachment 242202
View attachment 242203

I'm always drawn to what I call 'farm fix' repairs on antiques. Someone it the past saved this one after the rivets apparently pulled through at the front. I love the random odd shaped washer that was used!
View attachment 242204

It may be Latvian or old Russian since Riga is the capital of Latvia. The general shaping of the leather reminds me of a Russian saddle I picked up in Poland a couple of vacations ago.

Y
It may be Latvian or old Russian since Riga is the capital of Latvia. The general shaping of the leather reminds me of a Russian saddle I picked up in Poland a couple of vacations ago.
You go on Etsy and there's a guy who sells killer saddles from Russia definitely fits the bill

This build truly shows of that new tank wonderfully! As usual, your blending of all of the new and old paint came out perfect. Especially on the tank. That muted blue and red looks awesome together!

Y
You go on Etsy and there's a guy who sells killer saddles from Russia definitely fits the bill
I think that I may have bought it off Etsy if I remember correctly.

This build truly shows of that new tank wonderfully! As usual, your blending of all of the new and old paint came out perfect. Especially on the tank. That muted blue and red looks awesome together!
Thanks Brian :cool:

So tight you get any noise my wood tank flexes when I ride
There's no noise from the tank at all. Once the screws tighten the two halves together, it's rock solid with the frame.

Very very nice. Both the shape and the finish 100%. Goes so well with the frame.
Thanks! I'm super happy with the fit and finish.
Shelby had some of the coolest bicycle designs from the 1930s! Love the wishbone frames.

No ideas huh?

Well, when I was digging around for a brake arm strap the idea popped into my head to make a strap to mimic the curved fender braces. The picture above was a cardboard cutout for a template.

I took a thin piece of scrap metal, folded it in half and cut out the shape. After I got the shape the hole was punched.

IMG_5996.JPG

Finally I sanded away the paint, sprung it open and pressed it over a frame to get the shape.

IMG_5997.JPG

IMG_5998.JPG

Back