A Westport gets wacked

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at a small bike shop and the boss called me today and said he picked up a bike for $15 and if I wanted to I could have it to chop.
It was a Murry Westport womens beach cruiser. sorry no before pics.
after about 3 hours I ended up with this.
0420092339.jpg

I will be relocating the crankset and doing a few other things, but the general overall shape is set.
mods include gender swap, raked head tube, tail section from a Huffy, chopped fender and a repositioned midget seat post.

I'll try to keep updated photos as I progress.
no Tom here, I is Nate. :D

It's a runner now :D
took it for a ride tonight and it is very comfy and fast too :shock: a friend of mine was on a 21 speed Raleigh and had to be in top gear to keep up.
tomorrow I'll be stripping it down for clean up and paint.
0422090126.jpg

when it's done I'll use my good camera to take lots of photos to post.

looks awesome! man a lot of people have been doin this since i posted mine! :mrgreen:

stretch said:
looks awesome! man a lot of people have been doin this since i posted mine! :mrgreen:

i was noticing the same thing, its a trend i like! there awesome.
most of my builds start with the rear end in a similar position, something about sitting below the tires that looks killa cool on a rat rod bike.!

nice rides( both of ya's.)looking super sweet!

looks like hes using a derailluer as a chain tensioner too.. :mrgreen:

how's that working out with a coaster brake? do ya run into issue's when your back peddling? or did ya fix it solid to the frame? (ie took the springed pivot out of the equation)

I welded the derailer to the frame. I kept the derailer on the top because the tension on it would be during pedaling. if I had it on the bottom it would be under tension during braking.
stretch- your build was the one to inspire me to build this, it's a simple and effective mod to get the back in the weeds. I have another cruiser at the shop that I may do the same treatment but I will be going as low as possible with it. 8)
gotta finish my boardtracker, chopper and long-n-low trike first before doing it again.
had too much fun with it tonight to start the finish work.

glad to hear everyone likes it! i might try putting mine on top, an see if that helps the problem with my chain.

aaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh, I have to put it on hold for awhile, a couple of retards that I work with were smoking weed in the shop and the owner of the building came in, cops were called and we lost our lease. so now we have 3 less employees and we have to find and move into a new location by the end of the month.

sweet westport, man! if only i had a welder and torch, id never leave my shop. really sucks about your shop. as far as smoking weed, i'm to each their own, but it does take a "special" type of person to be stupid enough to do it at a place of business. i guess everything happens for a reason. good luck.

some good will come out of the move, our shop size is going from 1000 square feet to 2000 :D .
plus I can understand what everyone says at the shop. kinda makes me think, what I was like when I was a smoker?
I don't care what a person does on their own time but when the police trash the shop looking for the stash and then shut the place down till we find a new place to work, it pisses me off :x

A certain NWA lyric comes to mind......
and besides, I thought that happened in every bike shop, everywhere, after hours. No? Just in Canada?
haha, all joking aside, I really like the bike, good job!

Back