A little fun with a wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An off-the-cuff...... just for laughs, look at Forum life

Q:
How many forum members does it takes to change a wheel?

A:
* 1 to change the wheel and to post that the wheel has been changed

* 14 to share similar experiences of changing wheels and how the wheel could have been changed differently

* 7 to caution about the dangers of changing wheels

* 1 to move it to the build section

* 2 to argue then move it to the tec section

* 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing wheels

* 5 to flame the spell checkers

* 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

* 6 to argue over whether it's a "wheel" or a "rim" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

* 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "rim"

* 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "wheel" is perfectly correct

* 19 to post that this forum is not about wheels and to please take this discussion to a wheel forum

* 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use wheels and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

* 36 to debate which method of changing wheels is superior, where to buy the best wheels, what brand of wheels work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

* 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different wheels

* 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

* 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes wheels relevant to this group
My Fav!!
* 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

* 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the wheel controversy

* 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

* 13 to say "do a Google search on wheels before posting questions about wheels"

* 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again. * 5 to post that they read this list years ago.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

FW

Downtune said:
CCR said:
shouldnt this be moved to the "Builds" section :?: :mrgreen:

Where are your capitals young man?

(and so it begins)

Downtube: Shouldn't there be a comma after the word capitals?

CCR: It's shouldn't! Not shouldnt.

CCR said:
Gosh !!! what a bunch of spell checking pansies :roll:

I sorry.

You forgot:

3 to comment about the shoes of the guy taking the original photos, which were in the bottom frame of the original wheel pics...or rim pics, whatever.....

and

10 to comment on other bikes in the background of the wheel pics, 1 or 2 of which would include the word "drool", more if a Spaceliner was in there

and

15 to comment on the girlfriend of the guy taking the pic, who is probably saying something like "hey, your shoes are going to be in the picture" while the picture was being taken....and yes, there would probably be a couple of "drool" comments in here too, even more if she was ON the Spaceliner.

If its ok Im stealing this and posting it on my seattle metalheads forum.... ??

Shouldn't this be moved to the "Other Talk" section since technically it doesn't deal with actually changing a wheel, but merely using it to point out something about forum discussions? I dont want to be a parti pooper or anyting.... :mrgreen: Thanks for the funniest post I have ever read.

Could you please post pics of said wheel. I can not give an educated guess/misinformed back yard idea on" how to" if I can't see said wheel. Please included dog, kid,wife/girlfriend and shoes in pic.
Ps. Its righty loosey lefty tighty when you are dealing with things that rotate anti clockwise.

Please Insert smiley that is needed here.
(On my BB8830 and don't have this option)

Upper Class White Trash said:
Could you please post pics of said wheel. I can not give an educated guess/misinformed back yard idea on" how to" if I can't see said wheel. Please included dog, kid,wife/girlfriend and shoes in pic.
Ps. Its righty loosey lefty tighty when you are dealing with things that rotate anti clockwise.

So if i ride in a anticlockwise circle my wheels could fall off?

maddogrider said:
Upper Class White Trash said:

So if i ride in a anticlockwise circle my wheels could fall off?
Yaaaaaaaay. I figured it out. Yaaaay me..... :p.

No no. Wheels are the exception to this rule because they are built to be put on clockwise or anti clockwise and it all depends what side of said wheel you are on as to what way it turns. If your on the right side it turns clockwise and on the left side it spins anti clockwise. I hope this clears up any confusion on the outer workings of the wheel. :?

Back