a little concerned

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking through the entrants so far from what i can see i am the only one attempting a build from scratch (i could be wrong just but just going by what i have seen so far). is this some how against the anything goes rules or frowned upon in the big build offs or am i the only one stupid enough to attempt it. if it is somehow against the rules i am more then happy to take it on the chin and start again. cheers lads and laddettes

You are perfectly fine within the rules and building from scratch. Just check out Deven Science's build. It's not frowned upon at all. Keep on truckin!

awesome cheers guys. wanted to make sure. i must have missed the other from scratch builds. been stuck at work not been able to work on the bike makes the mind go a little silly.

I wish I could weld better...
I REALLY wish I had a tig welder.
All I have is a little buzzbox, and rusty skills.
I can draw and visualize what I want,,,
But until I get a tig it's just too hard to scratch
a frame with the equipment I have...
let alone the rust...
You go man. Build a bike from scratch.

Carl.

I am in the no welder boat.
I have been watching for a deal on a t.I.g for a year. I want to work in alloys.....beautiful ball burnished hardened aircraft tubing....yummmmm.
Then the mandril tubing bender comes to mind....
Glad you are here representing for all the "fab." guys!

Back