A good cheap seat on ebay?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was looking at this seat on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15113063347...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_638wt_1137

I really like the hairpin front spring combined with the coils on the rear. Does anyone have any experience with this specific seat? It looks just like the one that Chip Foose is using on his Cruiser Bike!!!!! WOW! I am ordering one even though Chip uses it too. I am playing around with a mount to attach the front spring eye directly to the seat post and then a strut rod from the original mount to just above the rear brake mount.......still working out all of the details.........

Last edited:
Trust me, I have looked at those numerous times. I can't come up with a clean way to mount the coil front like I can with the hairpin. Basically, I can weld a U channel to the seat post and put a bolt thru it and the center of the hairpin spring. It will be more sophisticated than that, but you get the idea.

I have used 2 of them now. They have a very nice ride. I took the clamp out of an older junk seat and put it in one of these for use on an older post. I like them, my .02.
Jeff

o_Oo_OThanks JBenson, that is good to know since I already ordered one.

I actually purchased 2 of these seats since I started this thread. I have not installed them as they are both for future projects, but I agree. The leather is thick and it doesn't stink to high heavens like some of the overseas seats do. Looks good on your bike us5.

Back