99 Grape Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was my latest purchase, drove a few hours saturday to get it. 1999 Grape Krate number 1669 of 1999 produced. Absolutely mint condition, the tires still have the chalky residue from the factory! Rode it about 10 miles on sunday and very happy with it. It's just hard to ignore the the little devil on my shoulder telling me to convert it to a 5 speed stick shift.

bikes082.jpg

bikes081.jpg

bikes080.jpg

you cant deny how much of a difference those suspension sissy bars make, i regret selling mine. you could always do a 3 speed trigger conversion and not have to modify the guard or mark up the paint mounting a shifter. nice caps too btw :mrgreen:

That's true CCR, but I just love the look of a stick shift. One part of me hates coaster krates, the other part of me says don't mess with an original bike. I think I'm just going through withdraw since my krate build is in pieces right now.

well, ive got a grape repop frame, couple of scratches but at least if ya wanted to add a stik shift now and put it back later thats one option. :mrgreen:

Nice bike.. can you just cut out a piece of an old innertube to put between the shifter and frame?

Nice bike. It looks really good with the petes seat and valve caps. I thought about getting a seat for mine but then again i think it looks good as is.
006-13.jpg

008-12.jpg

006-12.jpg

Back