.99 cent Schwinn and muscle bike NEED ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anybody saw this Schwinn on ebay? It had no tires. I won the auction with a .99 cent bid ! I went to pick it up this morning. It was relisted because of a non paying bidder. It looked like it had spent a few moths outside-lots of rusty chrome. I took it home and after a full grease pack and hours with brass wool and WD-40 and a set of tires I was going to put on my Varsity it rides like brand new! Better than my Varsity. Maybe I should sell it/ (who am I kidding you can't have enough Schwinns in the garage)
They owner also gave me this muscle bike for a few bucks. Can't pass up a cheap bike. It's an EXECUTIVE ?? Any ideas who made it ? Cottered crank sproket. Neat seat. Coaster brake with a front hand brake ?
Any thoughts before I part it out?
Jeff
combo.jpg

exec.jpg

I'd keep it together, shine it up and see what's under the crud. looks like it's in good shape and original.

Keep that bike whole. I would .. :shock: OK do what you want to it

Yeah, I know.
It does have some really cool fenders. I'll probably shine it and park it with my other muscle bikes..

I'd say that little bike's too neat to break up! I want to say they came from Czecho-wherever, and sold under the Tyler badge and a few others. There are some threads about them, but I don't know where they are. -Adam

Spokeshave said:
Yeah, I know.
It does have some really cool fenders. I'll probably shine it and park it with my other muscle bikes..
That's the smart thing to do :wink:

i had a ladies executive 60's ladies bike.
headbadge looked just like yours, but it said "made in w. germany"
i think that's the only part of the bike i have left :lol:
this bit of info may or may not help ya. i just thought i'd toss it out there.

I cleaned up the Executive muscle bike today. I know why there aren't a bunch of these around. What a cheapo bike! Micro thin plating.
Even the reflector faded to a pinkish color. Nice seat though. Interesting frame.
100_0729.jpg

100_0730.jpg

Back