90%

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I have two guitars in pieces on my bench... Two bike projects going and one in my head... and another hobby that I shelved for a couple of years (model railroading) that I've been thinking about revisiting. In my head some things are never finished because they are an ongoing process. The artsier it is, the more likely I am to continue to modify, rebuild and personalize. A model railroad scene is never done, you can always continue to super detail it adding to the realism. As new ideas are discovered I continue to modify my guitars to add to their functionality and often just to get that look. Bicycles are the same, there is function, and can I bend it to fit my wants... and there is form which I need to personalize, or else it's just a bike. As I travel thru life my ideals change and so do the things around me, so they are never done. That or I'm just full of baloney...o_O

Here's one that was started about 16 years ago!
51-1386687309-72caf0fa2a952a06f132ab81f0e89083.jpg

Still not finished!
Awesome! Love the gia's! I've had this for over 30 years & haven't driven it yet. It's been 90% done for the last 5 years. Just needs the motor & tranny put in (I have both) & a bunch of expensive stuff to hook it all up.

I have G.A.S.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome, and I'm afflicted in multiple areas....
Guitars, Bikes, Cars, Trucks, Tools, Books... the list goes on and on.
Some things I can only dream about...
I don't see me getting a 4 wheel Rat Rod any time soon...
But bikes and guitars I can build with a modest budget,
and they continue to evolve... THEY ARE NEVER DONE!

Carl.

That's why almost all of my stuff is in primer. Someday I'll have them flaked,candied,and shiny. At least they are on the road and rideable. So 90% in looks and 100% in function. I'm hoping to get one of my most used painted this summer. I even started painting the fender and have the bars for it made.
:thumbsup:

Agree with it all, constantly progressing to almost done only to lose interest and jump into the next idea. I think frank black sums it up pretty good.

"I'm just another 10%er, my mind is like an ocean, my mind is like an ocean ... I'm hanging in the harbor"

I have a long history of taking projects almost to completion, and then diverting my attention to something else.

90% refers to projects that actually get traction and go forward. There are countless others that never get started.

I have two half finished bikes in my shop, but I find myself scheming on other ideas for builds that I haven't even got the parts for yet! And then there's my Karmann Ghia and an oval window Beetle and the list goes on and on and on...

Is there anyone else here with this affliction? :(
Definitely, But perhaps, even worse. I get inspired, start, lose traction, and set the project aside.

Back