#9.....REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#9 was nice to look at but nearly offensive to ride. I'm 6' 1" and with the seat and bars that low I was hitting my chin with my knees. So I took it apart and made it into a neighborhood rider. My neighborhood is full of hills, just a street over is a hill that looks more like a wall when you ride up to it. You're either going up or down hills here which is why I went with the BMX front sprocket. The gearing is now 28-18, climb like a billy goat. The seat is much more peddler friendly and so are the bars. I'll take better pics. when the sun comes out. :D :D :D

before
bikes078.jpg

after
bikes114.jpg

bikes113.jpg

I was using your bike as an inspiration for a project! Now it looks like what I am starting with. I don't have to do anything now! Thanks

New version is going to be MUCH more ridable, enjoy! 8)

looks like fun.. that small frnt sprocket must pull great wheelies.

KOTA said:
I was using your bike as an inspiration for a project! Now it looks like what I am starting with. I don't have to do anything now! Thanks

New version is going to be MUCH more ridable, enjoy! 8)

It is MUCH more ridable and pulls great wheelies too. Which is why I switched forks. I didn't want to bend my 50's columbia fork so I put on a BMX style that I had for such an occasion. I have a couple of number plates I won't be needing... :wink: .

I like it both ways. Are you using a quill adapter? I might need to get one of those so I have options.

cman said:
I like it both ways. Are you using a quill adapter? I might need to get one of those so I have options.

I was using a quill adapter in the first pic but switched stems. It looked pretty slick though. :mrgreen:

Back