75 Schwinn Scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bartered some stuff on CL for this one. I can't wait to find a seat and bars!

DSCN1539.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

I love that! Great find! Now, I have a question. I shy away from Schwinn stuff because of the funky rim sizes, do these bikes have s-7 rims, or are they more standard? Are they even Schwinn at all? I gave a BMX/Fairlady Schwinn to my brother to customize which had generic, non-knurled, non-Schwinn rims... I think it was a '77-'80. I should have kept it really- it had some neat stuff on there, including what appeared to be original Schwinn BMX style forks. I haven't seen another pair...

Thanks guys. They are schwinn wheels, just extra wide and, as you can see, heavy duty spokes. They have the knurling and I think that they're S-7. I'll have to find out what kind of tires are still available.

Schwinnspastic: Let me know if you run across anything. Perhaps we can work something out.

I'm looking forward to riding some wheelies this summer. My son thinks that it's just the craziest thing when the old man pops a wheelie. I had a Sears knockoff of the Huffy Thunder Road back in the day, so the little cantilever frame brings back memories.

Ratina, you are probably correct. I'm not well versed on my schwinn rims.

Either way it is a super great looking bike. I like S-2's better than s-7's personally, s-2's take standard tires. Some black Schwinn BMX/mini apes and a black banana seat and that will be one sweet scrambler. The paint looks to be in really nice condition.

well so far I found 2 sets of bars dated 80 & 82 and a stem dated 77 ...I know I had the bars that went with the stem but my CRS gets in the
way sometimes :roll: your bike looks to have all the correct parts ...large flange front hub with heavy spokes and s2 rims, thats the correct
crank as well.

Schwinnspastic said:
well so far I found 2 sets of bars dated 80 & 82 and a stem dated 77 ...I know I had the bars that went with the stem but my CRS gets in the
way sometimes :roll: your bike looks to have all the correct parts ...large flange front hub with heavy spokes and s2 rims, thats the correct
crank as well.
I'm looking for a set of 80 dated Scrambler bars. If you'd like to part with them, please shoot me a PM with price. Thanks!

Back