69 STINGRAY GREEN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hunting Schwinn Stingrays, found in Chicago IL. A very clean original paint, campus green fenderless, verified by local dealer. Cash does talk, a local picker found this bike and after being patient we scored this beauty. And with moral support from Chicagoland Cliff, a good freind we got it. It is so clean i thought it was a resto, even the tires are original. The guy took me thru a very creepy basement, tunnel like area stuffed stacked every where, with a flash light. I thought i was on pickers. Then to a garage blocks away full of stuff. Keep on pickin they are still out there.

Had to add sissy bar and reflector bike had after market longer version paint is incredible as are the water transfers

Wow Brad, NICE acquisition. That bike is so clean and has all the correct parts. Congrats! I'm jealous!

Cliff thanks for the life line saturday !!! I was wacked out from driving on the north side traffic. I cant do much cleaning with the bad finger. But got the sissy bar on it. I look foward to you stopping by.

Beautiful. I had a campus green Sting-Ray that was that nice. Maybe nicer. It was under the Christmas tree in '65 or '66. Stolen in '67. Hey, maybe that's my old bike!:grin: Gary

Beautiful. I had a campus green Sting-Ray that was that nice. Maybe nicer. It was under the Christmas tree in '65 or '66. Stolen in '67. Hey, maybe that's my old bike!:grin: Gary
This is a 1969 wrong christmas

Last edited:
We are looking to repaint our 69 stingray deluxe 3spd and may use this bike for a paint match. This bike did not need mucn.

I can't get over how nice that bike is!!!! You got the find of the year IMO! :41:

luck is what it is, i do not find stuff this nice to often, twice now 69 and a 76 bicentennial 3spd Fairlady even cleaner mint mint. I kept it. I am buying a lottery tic for the mega million lol. Thanks for the support guys.

Last edited:
People will often "restore" their bikes to that condition... you have original : ) Thanks for sharing a piece of unharmed history. Both bikes are extreamly nice!

I'd have to say I'm more impressed with the condition of the boys bike. Those are always beat up : )

Back