68' Schwinn racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up last week, after driving by my LBS on the way home for like the 20th time, for $20.

DSCN3484.jpg

Noticed the Lucky 7 chainring from my truck as I drove by. Only had to put air in the tires and oil in the hub and i've been riding the heck out of it. Got some new Schwinn tires on order for it and put on a new chain. Looks like someone swapped out the stock "cloverleaf" chainring for a smaller 36tooth lucky 7. I was gonna put it back, but I actually like the lower gearing and since it was done with another Schwinn chainring years ago, i'd just wanna keep it unique.

Yeah, at 6'2", i'm loving that frame size. I live in a somewhat mountainous area and have a few sttep hills to climb coming back in from town, so with the 36t up front and 18t in the rear, it's perfect unless I wanna go faster than your average cruiser. I will take easy hill climbing ability, especially with the cargo basket, over speed with a bike like this.

I have a bunch of ridable bikes but my '65 Racer is my favorite ride. Enjoy it,they're great bikes.

Thanks, and as soon as my new tires come in, i'm going to be putting more miles on it for sure. It will be my ideal light weight grocery getter, with it's front basket. Save needing to take the cruiser trike (with large basket) for another day.

Back