'68 Huffy Rail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't think I've posted this bike on here before, so here goes. I picked this up last fall after a fellow I work with that collects Hot Wheels told me about it. He bought some cars from the guy who told him he had on old Huffy banana seat bike that had sat, unridden, most of it's life. I got in contact with the guy and made arrangements to meet up. He rolls up in a beat up pick-up with the bike laying in the bed. Now, I had a price in mind before I saw the bike. As soon as he pulled the bike out of the truck, my limit went out the window. The bike actually belonged to the fellows brother who bought it when he was 15. A few months later he got his license and the bike sat in the basement after that. Well, after a couple of weeks of haggling, I finally brought her home. The bike is mostly original except for the handmade woodgrain shifter. It even still has the plastic protectors on the ends of the axle bolts. The only work I've done was to thoroughly clean and wax, and I replaced the brake pads (I kept the originals though). I rode up my block once and then parked it. I even left the handlebars and seat adjusted just as the original owner had them. These are actually pictures from the day I brought it home.

rail1.jpg

rail2.jpg

After It Was Cleaned...

P2010041copy.jpg

That thing is beautiful, love that chainguard decal!

I got one of those for Christmas, 1968.....somehow when we moved from Hollywood Fl to Miami in 1969, the bike never made it, and no one knows why....If you're ever interested in selling or trading don't hesitate to contact me. I LOVED THAT BIKE!

Back