'68 Collegate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of lightweights. But a friend is having me clean up a '68 Collegate he picked up at a garage sale. It was a mess when he brought it to me. I didn't take any before pics because I really didn't care about it that much. But now I think I might just need one.

9a5f6ee5.jpg

a12e9aed.jpg

3939bcb8.jpg

4cfd21ad.jpg

8449b642.jpg

1a464398.jpg

Sorry about the blury pics, I was kinda melting. I got the cables, brake pads, and parts to convert the lights to LED today. Tomorrow I will finish it up.

udallcustombikes said:
But now I think I might just need one.

I've got a '68 Collegiate that could be yours :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Sweet rear rack!

These things can be addictive. :mrgreen:

I just wish it was my bike. And it wasn't this one but your Racer instead. :mrgreen:

The rack was coated in rust until I smuggled it into work and hit it with the media blaster. Turned out beautiful.

udallcustombikes said:
SimpleMan said:
udallcustombikes said:
But now I think I might just need one.

I've got a '68 Collegiate that could be yours :mrgreen:

My birthday is Wednesday. You want my info so you can send me a present? ;)

I might be interested...
I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow and post them up.....It's the same color and has the Schwinn tire pump on the down tube.

Converted the stock head and tail lights to led thanks to a couple Harbor Freight flashlights and a toggle switch from Radio Shack. Got those mounted along with the new cables and brake pads. I really want one now.

Very nicely done!

That looks excellent....ready for another one :mrgreen: Mines a '68 also. Looks to be a taller framed version and maybe a different shade of green.

SimpleMan said:
That looks excellent....ready for another one :mrgreen: Mines a '68 also. Looks to be a taller framed version and maybe a different shade of green.

Probably the same color from the factory, remember paint does fade over time and turn darker.......maybe that's how rats were born.... :mrgreen:

Woooow I'm jealous my chain guard doesn't look that nice!
Where'd you get the tires and what size are they? I specifically ordered some that were supposed to be for s6 rims but don't fit!

Ahh I love old Schwinn's those are beauties.

Back