'67 Speedster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I know this one's a '67! :lol: ... lost a decade on the last bike I posted! Anyway, this started out as a super score on CL at $60. Everything ran decent, so it just needed to be cleaned and re-jiggered with '67 Fastback bars, a repop Sting-Ray seat, new tires and a sweet generator light set purchased from cman. I also re-cabled it, moved the shifter to the frame, straightened out the fenders a bit, made some custom hub shiners and mounted up my loud-as-a-mofacki double horn.. and Kool Stop Continentals. Other than that. I've been riding this bike everywhere.. 30 miles a coupla Saturdays ago, and it was a blast!

The $60 CL find..
4998030376_63900e68a3_o.jpg

and the re-jigger..
4998030366_8b2a8b03de_o.jpg

Nice job 8) ...was it a coincidence that the bike was the same color as the classic car in the background?... or did you plan it :lol:

Thanks for the comments, guys.. I've really enjoyed this bike so far.

Just a coincidence on the color, and it's my neighbor's car... sweet car, for sure! I get to look at it every day.

Rustinkerer said:
Sweet, I have a red one with that frame, gonna do the same thing! -Adam 8)

I recommend it! If you think about it, post a pic of the red one here when you get it done.. it'd be cool to see 'em together.

I found another set of these '67 Fastback bars at the swap meet yesterday, and snapped 'em up for $20.. I love these bars!

Very cool - nice bike! 8)

dogdart said:
Sweet! I just picked up one like it . ($10) :D I'm doing the same thing .
Just like I told Gaskill...
IDBUYTHATFORADOLLAR.jpg

(from Robocop)
I can't seem to find these cool $10 deals here in Philly :x

jiminyshiznit said:
Rustinkerer said:
Sweet, I have a red one with that frame, gonna do the same thing! -Adam 8)

I recommend it! If you think about it, post a pic of the red one here when you get it done.. it'd be cool to see 'em together.

I found another set of these '67 Fastback bars at the swap meet yesterday, and snapped 'em up for $20.. I love these bars!
I got as far as the mock up stage:
SUNP0011.jpg

-Adam

Hi Guy's

i think these are realy cool looking frames they realy come by verry rarely and i was as lucky as some of us to have one. here is mine, this bike still has the original dealer decal on the seat post i will like to find a manta ray seat for it at a reasenable price :roll: that will get my modification going on it till then, here she stays :wink:

photo4original.jpg

I got a red one just like it for sale 60$, it is single speed.
Mitch

Back