66 Volt Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this frame, a No Name Customs type 7. http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1437
1437b.jpg

There's a bunch of cool electric conversions here http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/

i love this bike i want to build something like that for commuting to work. that motor he used though is huge i did some research and that sucker is bad a@@. 30 plus top speed no pedaling is hauling for one of these things. personally i was thinking of getting one of the new schwinn electric bikes and taking the whole electric setup off it and putting it on something cool looking. they clame the schwinn will go 20 MPH and go 40 miles on a charge then fully recharge in 5 hrs. trouble is boy it is spendy.

kingpin said:
anyone riden an electric bike?
how do they do up hills? like steep hills?

brett

it really depend on the bike setup(type of motor, battery, controllers etc)..there are tons of different electric bike...some are good some other are bad.

the best website to get nfo is.:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/index.php

karfer67 said:
i love this bike i want to build something like that for commuting to work. that motor he used though is huge i did some research and that sucker is bad a@@. 30 plus top speed no pedaling is hauling for one of these things. personally i was thinking of getting one of the new schwinn electric bikes and taking the whole electric setup off it and putting it on something cool looking. they clame the schwinn will go 20 MPH and go 40 miles on a charge then fully recharge in 5 hrs. trouble is boy it is spendy.

you can get off the shelf kits that will make you shite yourself... i have a project i am researching... a comuter trike... you can go scary fast... its spendy but speed equiptment always is...

kept thinking about it and how many bikes i could build for the cost of the electric kustom. lol that and i did some tunning to the ranchero and my millage went from a best of 19.5 to an average of 21 which is not too shabby for a 1962 vehicle i think. gonna keep it pedal power for now

My dear Watson, thats right! Both have two wheels, a seat and handlebars :eek:
But the frame is different I think, dont you...? The seat tube has much more distance to the rear wheel, so the seat does not need this unkewl mounting stuff. The seat stays and the chain stays have a more trackstyle flow, more elegant. And the main frame hase a more powerful character, perhaps because it dominates the rear frame more clearly..., dont know.

But its useless to discuss this, the owner decides which he likes more... :D

If you were to build an electric bike, how large of tire is required for good stability at speeds. Also, are these ridden in the bike lane or in actuall traffic?

brandonehansen said:
If you were to build an electric bike, how large of tire is required for good stability at speeds. Also, are these ridden in the bike lane or in actuall traffic?

as far as what lane you ride in, depends on your state moped/motorcycle laws. if it was me i would ride it like a i ride my bicycle :mrgreen:

Hey everybody, whats happening.This is my first post. Great site.
I'm the owner of this bike and I came across it accidently. I was looking for info. on why nonamecustoms web site isn't working.
That is a noname type 7 frame. The bike has gone thru some changes, it's now running at 80 volts and has a 37 mph top speed.
40 if your going down hill. There is a youtube vid, just do a search for danieljohnboy and it's the first one.
I'd be more than happy to answer any questions and I hope all is well with nonamecustoms. He's got the best frames out there.
Thanks
--Dan

daniel828 said:
Hey everybody, whats happening.This is my first post. Great site.
I'm the owner of this bike and I came across it accidently. I was looking for info. on why nonamecustoms web site isn't working.
That is a noname type 7 frame. The bike has gone thru some changes, it's now running at 80 volts and has a 37 mph top speed.
40 if your going down hill. There is a youtube vid, just do a search for danieljohnboy and it's the first one.
I'd be more than happy to answer any questions and I hope all is well with nonamecustoms. He's got the best frames out there.
Thanks
--Dan

Hi daniel,

I would really like details on the electronics of your bike...motor you used, batteries etc...did you had to remove the bms form the batteries?

i'm working on a electric bike project myself..here's a pics of the first prototype...

IMG_0617.jpg

Hannan Customs said:
I am building one too!
LS 300 frame with Bionx PL350 and Sturmey Archer 8
The booger welds are all cleaned up now

Eric.

100_2043.jpg

100_2050.jpg

100_2047.jpg

Holy Jees.... What the heck is this thing? Looks like a cross between a drag motocycle and and a prototype mars lander.
What are you going to use for juice?

Back