"66" Blue Deluxe/ and a clown bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Picked up This "66" Blue StingRay DeLuxe last night paint is still very decent even though you cant tell buy the pic,s :oops: , plan on changing the seat to a NOS blue one i'v been saving and adding a slik, getting hard to find a blue sting in good condition !

0926120742.jpg

0926120743.jpg

Also picked up this Early Balloon tire Schwinn some older folks had listed as a Clown Bike :| ,Wasn't sure why until the gentlemen mentioned the rear Wheel ,then i noticed it was off center giving it that up and down motion when you ride it! :lol: , sports some very nice patina on the old brown paint and a Locking Early springer!

0926120743a-1.jpg
0926120744a1.jpg
0926120744.jpg

scrumblero said:
cool finds!! I cant tell its off center, must not be much..

Off center by 2'' not sure what this rim is from but it's a N.d. but skip tooth ?
front is the OG Schwinn , and this thing is Badged BF goodrich , also sports the tapered Kick stand Wich leads me to believe it would be 1946,nice Carlisle tire up front with a Schwinn Typhoon cord out back, maybe it was a clown bike ? the way it bounces up and down is really a kick too ride :lol:

What a fun ride to find!!!

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That clown bike is sweet! :mrgreen: I really like the patina 8)
tin machine said:
Cool finds for sure !!!!
kingfish254 said:
What a fun ride to find!!!

Thanx for the nice Comments guyz ! , I think the old Schwinn clown is going too get parted out , the sting i'll keep :)

B607 said:
Nice bikes. I hope that fog lifts in N. Cal. soon. :p Gary

Very :lol: :lol: " Gary" it'z not fog , it'z my cell phone :oops: :lol: :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Always the nice bikes get parted out :(

Unfortunately , i bought this with intentions of using it for parts, the rear fender brace was cut out to enable the rear wheel action :(

Frankthetank said:
Like your stingray. I need to hurry up and grab one for my son before they really get hard to find.

When ever tour ready to get a sting for your son , let me know !, i have enough parts to build a few :wink:

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Frankthetank said:
Like your stingray. I need to hurry up and grab one for my son before they really get hard to find.

When ever tour ready to get a sting for your son , let me know !, i have enough parts to build a few :wink:
I'll keep you in mind, thanks :D

Back