63 Corv -- to tank or not to tank?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMAG1999_zps3bfdc7fc.jpg

This frame was half sprayed with black, and then all silver, but without disassembly and without masking :roll: I've got the pertinent bits back to chrome, and headset and crank bearings all cleaned derustified and ready to roll.

Took 7 days of liquid wrench, hammer, screwdriver drilled through (for leverage), pipe wrench and a heat gun with bucket of ice water to get the seatpost to release.

The frame looks so nice at this point I am struggling with whether to money up for a tank. It'll have no fenders and I might leave the chainguard off so. The cool rear rack and rims are reasonable cond chrome.

Schwinn tanks are sexy, they improve most any bike. My Jaguar originally came with one, so I felt it necessary to put one back on it (in some ways I'm a stickler for originallity). Otherwise it's possible I may have left it off. I say hold off until you find one on the cheap, that way if you decide against it you can always get your investment back.

Back