59 Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the Panther outa storage today and rode around the block a couple times 8)
Man I almost forgot how to ride a bike :lol: I cant belive how good this rides still.
SDC11422.jpg

SDC11423.jpg

This tag was a gift from a fellow bike guy here in town 8) 8)
SDC11424.jpg

SDC11425.jpg

I had plans to do a restore on this but I kinda like how it looks right now. I do need to replace the tires,thinkin whitewalls
and also need to go thru the red band and find out why its clickin in 2nd.

badlandkustoms said:
...I had plans to do a restore on this but I kinda like how it looks right now. I do need to replace the tires,thinkin whitewalls

Please don't restore it. She's a beauty as is!

ScurryMurray said:
badlandkustoms said:
...I had plans to do a restore on this but I kinda like how it looks right now. I do need to replace the tires,thinkin whitewalls

Please don't restore it. She's a beauty as is!

YEP!! A wise man once said, "You can restore something a thousand times, but it's only original once!" :wink:

8) Yea I will just keep this one as is.
I bought this over 10 years ago thru a friend sight unseen for $100, when I went to pick it up I thought what the heck did I do.
The bike was in pretty sad shape :lol:
I had to replace Tires,handlebars,seat, I put the springer on for the heck of it (forks where straight)
Had a rat trap book rack on front and just the mount for a twin light, left those off when I put the springer on
The rack on the rear I pulled off a girls 24" higgins that I found in the trash
I just ordered a set of WW tires to replace the cracked out Carlisle road grippers
I plan on doin some ridin and dont want to push it home :wink:
Just swaped out the gooseneck from my 02 torker (repro Schwinn with AS bolts)

This is the bike that got me into the hobby, I have meet alot of people while out riding and they all pretty much ask the same thing
Where did ya get the cool bike from :D

I love the Panthers - though mine are all '60s versions - some of the nicest riding cruisers made, IMO.
Enjoy!

Back