'58 Huffy Cruiser?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My neighbor purchased this bike at another neighbors yard sale for $7.-. He probably doesn't have more than $25.- total in this bike outside of his time. Running the original rubber shoes with new tubes. It was very rusted. All the chrome was painted over Silver and the everything else was painted black. So it got a painted over the rust face lift at some point in its life. It is a nice lil rat that has been given new life. He has a slip over seat pad he uses over the springer seat pan.

Looking for year and model. He thinks 1960ish, I think 1958ish. Between the rust removal and painting there are no serial numbers visible. I have been matching components with pictures, however, It has an interesting front rack that looks a Schwinn except for the forward radius. The rear rack is more squared off than anything I have found. May not all be Huffy Parts.

Looking for thoughts and opinions and perhaps resources.

Thanks,

Kruez

Last edited:
Racks not original. Chainguard aftermarket, impossible to date, been available for at least 50 yrs. Grips and entire crankset look like older Schwinn Phantom. Bike itself looks 60s to late 70s, during which time they switched to welded on kickstand housing and a different fork crown design.
The crankset's worth more than the rest of the bike, which itself is worth more (IMO) than any new Huffy.

Second look, not so sure about the grips. Also looks like it may have a New Departure Hub, If so, check the rim and tire size markings, if it says s-7 or 1 3/4" they are Schwinn also. If 1.75", then they may or may not be "correct". Those hubs were discontinued 1959.

Back