57 Schwinn Spitfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I recently finished this bike up and thought I'd share it with you. I'm also looking to get your thoughts on what its worth? When I got this bike (for $10.) it had been stored upside down and out side, so the seat was rusted up and rotten and the headset was seized up with rust. It was also missing the front wheel. I took it all apart, cleaned everything, shined up the paint an chrome, media blasted all the seat parts, repainted them and covered the seat in new upholstery, cleaned and repacked the hubs, BB, and headset (new headset), got a matching S-7 front wheel on ebay, New Kenda 26x2x1 1/4 tires and a basket. Now it's all done and it rides like a dream. My intention with this project was to bring a nice old bike back to life and make a few bucks to fuel whatever the next project will be. I don't have any crazy notions that this bike it worth a ton of money but I also don't want to just giving it away. I know I'll never get enough out of it to make up for all the time I put into it but I had a fun time working on it so that's fine. Well what do you think?
Thanks,
Nate

DSCF1542.jpg

DSCF1544.jpg

DSCF1539.jpg

DSCF1540.jpg

DSCF1534.jpg

It sure looks good. Women's bikes don't get as much dough as men's or boy's bikes. You could probably get a couple hundred on CL or Ebay. I would give it to my favorite girl. Then it'll be priceless.

Thanks Wlldcat, that's about what I figured. As far as giving it to my favorite girl, I already fixed up a green Schwinn Suburban for her and she doesn't want another bike.

Back