'52 Schwinn Straightbar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before - Got this for free, so what the heck?
IMG_0306.jpg

All this needs is a seat and you're done! :p

Seriously, looks like a great starting point. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Cheers Jonnie

They are gold Araya rims, they are for sale too, Bendix rear, unknown front, heavy duty spokes...offers?

Broke down the bike after work last night. I have some insane parts coming and some rare stuff too......

Sweet, another 52 straightbar in the build off! Mine is the "tumbleweed" build. Haven't updated in a long while but i'm back from vacation and just started cracking it to it again. I'll be checking up on your progress for sure.

I'm thinking all vintage Schwinn rare parts with a Roadster feel......?? It's just a pile of parts for now until I get some inspiration on colors...

This is where I'm at with this build....Who likes the light? Painted of course,....?
IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Light looks perfect (except the color). :wink:

IMG_0328.jpg

Dang, man I want that fork, perfect for a boardtracker or klunker/bomber. And the frame is awesome too. Can't wait to see what you do to it.

Yeah that is the fork I have been wanting for a while, I picked it up yesterday but I want the OG strut system. Some guy makes them in stainless so that is what I'm getting..... Pretty much a collection of special parts for this machine

This frame is powdercoated and I'm going to sand and prime the bugger up to accept regular enamel. Wheelset choices are: vintage S2's or drop centers, I'm runiing cream tires so..... red rims? Black rims? Cream rims? Which rims? Hmmmmm......Colors will be crucial to the look I'm wanting....

Latest posts

Back