50s WF Super / 40s Schwinn DX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBP

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked these up on Monday. The Super was stripped of all its "fun parts," while the DX was stripped of it's tank and rear rack, but spared its chain guard. Should be fun tracking down parts for the restoration.
Picture62012013.jpg

Picture62012015.jpg

Picture62012003.jpg

Picture62012002.jpg

Picture62012006.jpg

to cool, I love the western flyers sprocket along with the shock master springer. The planes and trains schwinn is really pretty. thx for posting them :D

Nickinator said:
to cool, I love the western flyers sprocket along with the shock master springer. The planes and trains schwinn is really pretty. thx for posting them :D
Thanks Nick. My finds are not NEARLY as awesome as the ones you unveil, but hey... a newbie bike hoarder, errrr... I mean "bike collector" has to start somewhere, right? :wink:

MBP said:
Nickinator said:
Thanks Nick. My finds are not NEARLY as awesome as the ones you unveil, but hey... a newbie bike hoarder, errrr... I mean "bike collector" has to start somewhere, right? :wink:
we all start somewhere :wink:

2manybikes said:
The Schwinn may not have come with a tank....it looks like the base model DX
i initially thought the same thing when I saw it from a distance, but a closer inspection revealed the tell-tale signs of a former tank.

Back