500 Huffys In 6 Hours

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today about a dozen of us Coasters BC members joined up with a local church to assemble 500 new Huffy bikes to be given to kids for Christmas.

Garagegoon in foreground.
DSCF6014.JPG

Ratfink1962 and Son.
DSCF6019.JPG

Mrs locojoe breaking down boxes.
DSCF6001.JPG

Some of the 500
DSCF6004.JPG

DSCF6015.JPG

They quickly learned 500 unassembled boxed bikes fit in a semi trailer. 500 assembled bikes don't :lol:
DSCF6024.JPG

good to see you guys helped out. :)
how many, people where there for this project. :?:
for the record: the 500 assembled,
will fit it the trailer; with proper loading.
ie:upside down,staggered, using the broken down boxes
to create flooring to stack in layers. :mrgreen:

I don't have a clue how many of us were assembling. Some people didn't come till later and there were a lot of people unloading, unboxing and loading bikes. Hard to tell who was doing what. Oh we also broke for lunch and pizza.

Good idea about stacking the bikes.

I noticed in the trailer above they just kinda stacked them in there. There was another storage unit not far away where they used cardboard to make a platform for another layer of bikes... seemed to work pretty good.

Pretty cool. A shiny new bike is every kid's dream at Christmas.

The Boise Bicycle Project is giving away 300 used bikes next week. Each bike has been fully serviced and comes with a helmet too.

cman said:
Pretty cool. A shiny new bike is every kid's dream at Christmas.

The Boise Bicycle Project is giving away 300 used bikes next week. Each bike has been fully serviced and comes with a helmet too.

I never heard helmets brought up. Kinda surprised this day and age someone's not insisting they give away helmets with them.

There is at least one other group that is giving away rebuilt bikes here.

Awesome job. At least we know they were assembled correctly...That's more than I can say for some stores. Won't mention any names....cough..... Wal-Mart..cough. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Awesome job. At least we know they were assembled correctly...That's more than I can say for some stores. Won't mention any names....cough..... Wal-Mart..cough. :mrgreen:

I don't know....
ever seen some of the stuff Randy puts together?!

http://youtu.be/6MXRxJfrVoc

;P

Sorry I missed that one. I guess I need to pay better attention!

-john

big john said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I don't know....
ever seen some of the stuff Randy puts together?!

http://youtu.be/6MXRxJfrVoc

;P

Sorry I missed that one. I guess I need to pay better attention!

-john

Funny.

Thanks to all who were willing to help whether you got to or not. A lot more help this year than last so it went quicker than anticipated.

Back