4th of July Junkyard tour

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrapyard Ron lead us to a place that was, as my daughter said "Gee Dad this is just like home".
7044.jpg

7042.jpg

So glad they cleaned up the place for our tour!
7045.jpg

theres a spitfire hanging in the "bird house"
7043.jpg

a Mattel in one of the semi trailers
7046.jpg

Hiawatha, watch where yer walking, don't mind the bees
7047.jpg

escape from the "bird house"

I would have a smile on my face too..If I was there.. :wink:

Is the pinstriping on the seat post tube on one of the Schwinn Corvettes in one of those photos stock? Either way, friggin' cool.

gotavan said:
7043.jpg

a Mattel in one of the semi trailers
7047.jpg

escape from the "bird house"

2 questions:
1. What in the hack is that silver one?! That's gotta be one of the coolest bikes I've seen! :mrgreen:
2. Is this "Scrapyard Ron" or you?

Hi, I'm not in the pictures that I took, that long hair is Ron, my hair fell out when I was in my 40's. The bike is a Mattel Stallion,
http://www.vintagevrroom.com/mattel-bic ... llery.html
Everything at the junkyard was for sale, they even wanted some money for some of them, since they had paid scrap prices for them , it's a scrapyard. between webberville and fowlerville. There will be more pics coming ( I didn't take many) on the Freakbike site...
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... f=6&t=1902

hotfoot said:
Is the pinstriping on the seat post tube on one of the Schwinn Corvettes in one of those photos stock? Either way, friggin' cool.

Yep, factory decal from '58 to early '60's. I'm sure there's repros around.

gotavan said:
Everything at the junkyard was for sale, they even wanted some money for some of them, since they had paid scrap prices for them , it's a scrapyard. between webberville and fowlerville.

What kind of $ are we talking? That's about an hour from me & my wife has a relative in the area without a car--suddenly I'm interested in going to give her a lift, if she doesn't complain about rusty bikes rubbing against her :lol:

Latest posts

Back