'47 schwinn continental

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
before
contibeforecopy.jpg

after
contiafter005.jpg

contiafter006.jpg

contiafter003.jpg

Nice job! and the chainguard looks mint. Let's see the girls version.

FaceOFFbikes said:

you do see what's left of the girls version- it had the straighter of the 2 forks :D unfortunately it had been badly cut, bent, & re-welded into a smaller ladies frame! the chainguard did clean up surprisingly well. most of the parts were ebayed to make the project pay for itself. i think i have a badge, a fork, and a cottered crank left.....

Bendix said:
FaceOFFbikes said:

you do see what's left of the girls version- it had the straighter of the 2 forks :D unfortunately it had been badly cut, bent, & re-welded into a smaller ladies frame! the chainguard did clean up surprisingly well. most of the parts were ebayed to make the project pay for itself. i think i have a badge, a fork, and a cottered crank left.....

where did you get the replacement crank for the schwinn?

Hooch said:
want to sell the cottered crank?
that bike looks so cool
my 51 traveler is heading down a similar path

keep an eye on the classifieds, as soon as it's warm enough i'll find/photograph it.

where did you get the replacement crank for the schwinn?[/quote]

continentals and paramounts had three piece cranks, the bb seems to be a regular bsc 1.37x24 thread. a shimano un-54 bb fit slightly loose but another modern stronglight cartridge unit fit better. i suppose it could be threaded for some old phillips/raleigh bb, .005 larger w/ a whitworth thread but i don't know how likely that is......the crankarms are some old 7s era xt's.

Bendix said:
where did you get the replacement crank for the schwinn?

continentals and paramounts had three piece cranks, the bb seems to be a regular bsc 1.37x24 thread. a shimano un-54 bb fit slightly loose but another modern stronglight cartridge unit fit better. i suppose it could be threaded for some old phillips/raleigh bb, .005 larger w/ a whitworth thread but i don't know how likely that is......the crankarms are some old 7s era xt's.[/quote]
What? you loss me, lol. Did you buy them or get them off of another bike? and if so what kind? thanks

sorry, it's a modern stronglight cartridge bb (new a few years ago), and an old shimano xt crank from something or other i parted out at one time or another :)

Back