41 Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Here we go on another :) picked this one up last week. Tore it down this morning. I'm going to repaint it not sure what colors yet. Every time I repaint a bike it never comes out the way I want haha. Either lines don't come out good, paint runs or something. Wish me luck. Just need to be patient and take my time. So I tore it all down, but I cant find a master link of any sort on the chain. Its a skip tooth. Am I just blind? or sometimes do they not have a masterlink. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

All of the ones i've seen have had a master. Keep looking, you'll find it.

I seriously have looked over it like 10 times. There is no master link. I'm going to pick one of those up. Thanks man

Got the frame all stripped, I was originally going to try to make this look like original paint but now I'm leaning towards doing it almost like a bare metal ratty look. But still plan on painting it. Im still looking for a fork if anyone has one they are looking to sell. Check out my post in the wanted section. Thanks

So here's an update. Found the right fork and fenders. The fork steer tube was a little too long so I had a buddy shorten it for me. Going to sand everything down and either leave it bare metal and clear coat it or use a patina solution and give it a darker rustic look. Going to most likely rebuild the wheels too. Not positive on a seat yet either. I have a couple other projects I need to get done before this one will be put together.

Last edited:
Bikes looking great! Love the bare metal look

What are your plans with the old tank? Im trying to find something for my Higgins

Back