40's Belknap w/ springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked this up today. I had been looking for a decent complete Belknap for awhile. It has Belknap tires which are in great shape. Unfortunately I think the front end was wrecked because I dont think the springer was original because it looks blue underneath, as does the front rim. The front fender isnt original either. looks huffman built

I will be looking for a red front wheel with white pin stripe as well as a front fender to match.
Picture2-1.png

Very nice. It looks different from mine. This one might be cwc built I think. Check the x-114 link at the bottom to see the build. Happy new year!

really not pumped. pulled the fork out and the expansion quill stem bubbled the steerer tube therefore cracking and misshaping it. looks like its time to chop it off and weld a new one on. luckily my girlfriends family owns a welding business

So is yours cwc or huffman? Are you going to leave it as is or repaint it? I'm planning on doing the rollfast stencil on mine but not sure yet. Going with cream and black paint job.

im re-painting the fork since it was done badly the first time. that will be after I can get the new steerer tube welded on. plus im trying to find a new chrome spring an all the rubber pieces and hardware. that will make it pop

Back