3G Bikes -BOA G tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mocrawler said:
Just ordered a set. Can't wait to Get'em!

I also ordered a set in "creme"….let me know if yours fit on your ballooner . Or if adjustments are needed.
I found a pair of original "western flyer" USA made tire tubes ,they are heavy-duty big in great condition
which are going on my Boa-g tires !

Love my Slicky G's.... They ride really nice....when they wear out Im getting the BOA's... good thing is my 3G Frame will fit a 3 inch with out mods....

Will do!!
2jakes said:
mocrawler said:
Just ordered a set. Can't wait to Get'em!

I also ordered a set in "creme"….let me know if yours fit on your ballooner . Or if adjustments are needed.
I found a pair of original "western flyer" USA made tire tubes ,they are heavy-duty big in great condition
which are going on my Boa-g tires !

I just picked up some of these from a bike shop that is closing it's doors.
I'll add these to my "cool tire" collection. I may have to put some in the for sale section at some point.

Hey MO,
You ever get tubes for the tires and get them mounted? I was wanting to see what they looked like. Btw, being out in the country as you are, do you ever hit up any farm auctions or estate sales for bikes? I'm originally from Rolla, and if I still lived there, would be scouring the countryside for old bikes.

jeff

ratdaddy said:
Hey MO,
You ever get tubes for the tires and get them mounted? I was wanting to see what they looked like. Btw, being out in the country as you are, do you ever hit up any farm auctions or estate sales for bikes? I'm originally from Rolla, and if I still lived there, would be scouring the countryside for old bikes.

jeff
No, I haven't gotten the tubes yet. I used regular 2.2 tubes and they are holding. :smile: I hit up every auction that I see with "old" bikes on the sale bill. There are lots of old bikes in the area. Here's a couple pics of the tires mounted.

aee5425f-c7fa-e611.jpg

aee5425f-c81a-9b5d.jpg

I can't decide if I will keep them on the straight bar or put them on the hornet that arrived last week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Your bike is looking really sweet already!! Like the bars and tire combo on a Schwinn frame
Makes me want to get my Typhoon going again. Can't wait to see it all done

I used a 2.2 tube with the BOA-G for my Build off bike: Jacked Up Pilot, it working fine (after ~50 miles)
IMG_7175II.jpg

My BOAs only turned out to be 2.6" wide with the Chukker rims (24mm wide)
If you want, paint thinner and scrub pad will take off the lettering pretty easily

Here is a pic of a 3G cruiser at the bike shop with a set of the BOAs on some wider rims.

WP_000296.jpg

Latest posts

Back