3D models

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta agree with you on the Cleveland. A few mods here and there and a little chinese 2 stroke engine could be cool on this bike.

I can't speak for the others, but I like to actually learn from my mistakes on my builds. Sometimes my mistakes turn out to be better than the original plans. I do occassionally draw out an idea, but that is very rare and almost always looks nothing like the end results.
All these cad programs and other types are great and I'd love to learn how to do them, but the bottom line is you still have to be able to take the project off the screen and onto the workbench.

Years ago I worked for a fab company. We had a great draftsman, but his details and/or dimensions were almost always a little off from what the end result actually needed top be. We still had to tweak something in the end. Usually "one off" projects require some tweak along the way. Once you get all the bugs worked out then is the time to do the True plans.

I fully understand how and why others may want to purchase plans and follow them to a T or to draw up something and stick to those guidelines, but it's not for me. I like venturing into the unknown and make it work. Sometimes I build something that just isn't gonna get me to where I want the bike to be. I save those mistakes and they usually end up being the starting point of another project.

Thanks for posting the link. Very Cool!

This looks alot like that Cleveland

aacsized.jpg

Back