39 yr old power sprayer almost ready for some bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a pretty nice day today so I decided to get out the 39 yr old pressure sprayer I got at an auction last weekend. It was nice to see they had drained the gas tank so no problem with old gas still had to clean the old spark plug and take the air filter off, it kept wanting to run but wouldnt it would just spit and sputter. Finally got my son to pull on the cord for a while when he got home. The great news is once we got it to start it ran like a top. Now the big problem even tho the motor runs its still not pumping water. If anyone has any Ideas Id welcome your help.
IMG_20130323_160827_zps8ae969ee.jpg

heres the pump area
IMG_20130328_182008_zpsbfacfe55.jpg

Split open the pump and check for broken or cracked pieces. Some of the parts may be ceramic. Newer power washer pumps have 2 or 3 ceramic pistons inside. Mine broke and a new piston cost me nearly $40. But I was able to fix it myself.

ya, it should have a woodruff key like a blade head for a mower. doesn't look like a piston type pump though...

Took the three bolts that hold the motor, frame and pump together and nothing so we threw a pipe wrench on the shaft and took the nut loose off the bottom thinking it may let it come apart and still nothing. Guess my next move is to drain the oil and gas from the motor and flip it over and just start taking nuts and bolts loose and see what happens.

Ok so I drained the gas out of the motor then flipped it over and took the pump apart today then put it all back together and now the rope wont pull out any. Any Ideas would be great

Back