38 Feet 7 Inches!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats how long the skid is that i did on my drag bike today that blew my tire... I had to bust out the tape messure. THIS SKID WAS HUUUUUGE!

Look!!
DSCF0994.jpg

WHAT DID I DO?!
DSCF0999.jpg

This thing was huge!!!
DSCF0998.jpg

Tire is flat...
DSCF0997.jpg

Big hole... Lol Longest skid i think i ever did...
DSCF1000.jpg

Ricky..
That was awesome!!

great pictures..and a sweet skid.
You Rock!

as well...take a close look at The one Picture.

I would have that one Framed.
The Picture of The Bike...The Skid...and The Huge Concrete wall
ahead, The Picture tells it's own Story.

Very cool,
peace,
Kev.

That is great! I love the scream that a good tire makes as it is burning itself to a quick end. The last two times I've had to lock up the rear were for real though. The first I was ridding a new bike trail with a fairly steep hill with a curve at the bottom that I thought I could take at speed NOT, the old beach cruiser was sidways but I kept it on the path. The second one was on my motorized bike, me and a friend were ridding a twisty little streach that goes to the light house at Silver Lake, he was in the lead doing 25mph and as he went around a curve, a car passed him and kept watching him and not the road. He drifted WAY into my lane and I was on the brakes, rear tire screaming and his eyes were getting big. I got stopped about six inches off of his front fender and he proceded to yell at me for going to fast...Kelly

PS My favorite pic is the close up of the tire. Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
thumb-napoleandynamite.JPG

nogoodnic42 said:
PS My favorite pic is the close up of the tire. Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

:lol:

I like the "tire is flat" above the other picture.........Ha ha :lol:

You're OK, Ricksterr !!! In a krazy world you give me hope for
your generation !!

Hahaha wow didnt think i would get all these replys on a skid.. Thanks fellas.. I was doing like 25 mph's when i locked it up, I KNOW I CAN DO LONGER!! I should try it.. Not with my good tire, maybe an old mtn bike tire...... WELL IM OFF 2 SEC OF STATE GETTING MY PERMIT! I GET 2 DRIVE MOMMA HOME!!!

Awesome Rickster! You gotta love a skidmark, as long as it's not in your underpants :lol:

Try laying a peice of plywood (1x1 square) on the sidewalk and try to lock it up right on top the wood. Even a 1x1 chunk of steel or aluminum will work.
You'll go even further , save the tire and the neighbors won't have you out there with bleach cleaning up their sidewalk, lol

***I think you just gave me an idea for Choppernite!
"Beat Ricky's record skid contest"

I did it on an antifreeze bottle!! I can do longer JUST WAIT!!!

62 FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i can say is, I can do better HA! I did a skid on my spit fire, 62 feet long!!!!!!!!! woooooooooow! Look at the pics, I didnt even pop tire.

DSCF1110.jpg

Yeah 2 morrow im getting a video, Heres more pics...

DSCF1109.jpg

Heres a 48 footer..

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

Clothespin "n" said:
265 LBS of Inertia...and about 30 Millograms of Riddlin = Long Skid
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That is funnnnny. I even had a lapse and remembered something from school. one of Newton's laws- F=ma.

cman said:
Clothespin "n" said:
265 LBS of Inertia...and about 30 Millograms of Riddlin = Long Skid
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That is funnnnny. I even had a lapse and remembered something from school. one of Newton's laws- F=ma.

that's even funnier Cman..
so did I when I wrote it :mrgreen:

Kev.

You guys are GREAT im bout 2 head back to that parking lot and get a video and try to break my record, Oh and Newtons law
"An object that is in motion will stay in motion until a force is acted upon it."
ha THE ONLY THING I REMEMBER FROM 7TH GRADE SCIENCE!!

Back