30s or 40s art deco wagon find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just picked this up yesterday, not sure what it is since its been poorly repainted at some point in the past and any logos are gone. It is a VERY heavy stamped wagon, with an art deco look. I'm guessing 30's or 40's from the style but not sure, if anyone know anything more about it please let me know. The handle does seem to be original as well as the front axle set up but the rear looks to have been replaced. Also not sure about the tires/wheels, but they all have plenty of overspray. Not sure if I'll leave it this way, or maybe just upgrade the tire/wheels, or redo the whole thing.
DSC00257.jpg

DSC00255-1.jpg

Here is another old wagon I got a few weeks back. It's a Mercury. Just got the old rubber back on the wheels today. I was planning on putting new rubber tires on, but have been having trouble finding them in this size so....throw the old tires out on the sidewalk @ about 108 degrees this afternoon, after about 10 min they were pretty soft and was able to streach them back over the wheels and glue them together. Hope they hold till I can find new rubber.
DSC00290.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

I went to the fleamarket today looking for a wagon like that and ended up with this 40's wicker stroller/ pram ! It goes from te way it is in the pics and converts into a stroller , I picked it up because I have a bother kid on the way ! It's pretty cool with the fender and front bumper
ab6f3417.jpg

Elnutty said:
I went to the fleamarket today looking for a wagon like that and ended up with this 40's wicker stroller/ pram ! It goes from te way it is in the pics and converts into a stroller , I picked it up because I have a bother kid on the way ! It's pretty cool with the fender and front bumper
ab6f3417.jpg

Wow, very nice, you should start your own restoration thread...

OK I'm usually not too good on posting pictures of my build projects. Seems like I always get wrapped up in the project and forget to take pictures, anyway I do have a few of the wagon and it's progress.
This is the wagon just back from sandblasting.

DSC00363.jpg

It needed some welding to fill some pit holes and metal splits and a little body work that I didn't get pics of but that stuff is boaring anyway. Here it is with new black and yellow paint...yea I probably should have re-done it a little more traditional, but for some reason the MOON theme just seemed to work for me.

DSC00441.jpg

Will post final pics once the decals, pinstriping and final assembly are done.

Got the decals from Moon and put 'em on about a week ago and today had my friend and pinstriper Hotrod Heuy lay down a few lines to finish the look for the Moon wagon. He really took it over the top! Was so stoaked I had to put the rest together as soon as I could. Rear tires are 3" wide Grasshopper "slicks" I like the fat look but not sure if I'll stick with the standard wagon tires up front, I'll probably try and find something more narrow for a little more of the Gasser look.

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

I HAVE LOOKED FOR YEARS FOR A WAGON LIKE MINE, THIS IS AN ORIGINAL OUR OWN HARDWARE WAGON RECONDITIONED,MADE FOR AND SOLD BY THE HARD WARE STORE ONLY, AS I WAS TOLD YEARS AGO, THANKS FOR LOOKING, BOB

I like your Yellow wagon i have few waiting to be fixed, customised , or

0802151624.jpg

0802151624a.jpg

~Rafael~

Back