26" on 24"?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my first thought on your new bike when you posted it. I think that it is possible w/o fenders, I don't know with fenders.

That was my first thought on your new bike when you posted it. I think that it is possible w/o fenders, I don't know with fenders.
Thanks Ted. We think alike on this one. Thought it was a muscle bike build and I swear I thought there was a "show us your banana seat" thread, but can't even find that.

I believe i saw one in ''loco joe's" Collection past and present post in the Gallery forum ?

~Rafael~

Okay, finally found the sweet machine I was looking for. Posted in "show us your Elgins", by joelromeo79.
f3a888f7c0bf6c6243122fd2c095b6f0.jpg

I saw a post where someone said, Put oversized tires on 24 wheels to create the same diameter as a 26. Has anyone done this? If so what size tire was used on a 24?

Just out of interest I parked the 24x3" Electra next to the 26 x 2.125 Balloons on my MTB convert.
I tried to get level with the top of the bigger wheel. The electra is on a slight lean on the side stand too.

tyres.jpg

Back