26" camel backrod tire choices?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunlite Hybrid Nimbus clincher tire, wire bead, 26 x 1 3/8" EA-3 - black
Maxxis DTH BMX Tire - Black | 1 3/8
I dont want the normal tire choice thats available, I know I can get some rubber for 8 bux plus shipping.
I found these for my schwinn wheels and I'm wondering if they will fit? They're gonna be on My rider bike. Anyone use these or know of other,bigger tires made for My rims. I tried to search for this topic but came up with zip... :shock: thanx

No alternatives? can't believe no one has casted a good tire for a common wheel! :shock:

What rims do you have. The easy way is to get the number off the old tire. Your question was pretty vague but I'm assuming you have a schwinn middleweight that has S-5 or S-6 rims? Do they say 26x1 3/8 (597) on the tire? If so a 26x1 3/8 (590) tire like the ones you posted won't fit. Seems silly but that is bicycle tire sizing for you.

They're 597 tires, Schwinn was good about IDing the wheels in the old days. I didn't think those tires would fit. I check that out on sheldons site.. thanx

Back