24" x 3" tire recomendations

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, so the Phat XC-1 I bought back in june has been suficiently ridden enough to know what changes will start to take place. The cheapo chinese rear hub w/miles of spacers on it (to make it fit) is currently undergoing a slow painful death! Good ridance, a Nexus 7 speed is on the way, traded China for Japan! LOL. Now it would seem the Kenda 24" x 3" tire is suffering the same fate as the hub. No matter, I had already decided the flat/square profile of this tire was really detrimental to any kind of handling deemed "good". Thats where you guys come in, I need the observation/opinion from a more experienced person on the ins and outs of the available 24" x 3" tires available out there! :mrgreen:
PhatXC-1001.jpg

PhatXC-1003.jpg

I was looking at the Nirve Fat A** and the Bad A** tires on a site, anyone have any experience w/these? The Kenda currently on the Phat has a terribly thin sidewall that ia about to blow. I have seen this several times before on this tire! :shock: Later & PEACE!!!!!

The Felt Thick brick has a nice round profile, especially with the wide rear rim you have. it has a classic brick tread pattern.

https://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2012/Parts/Cruiser/Thick-Brick-Tire.aspx

The Electra Fatti-O has a nice profile and has a more modern 'chopper' tread pattern.

http://store.electrabike.com/eSourc...-O_TIRE__Black__24_x_3_0_/i_0_0_/_688336.aspx

Both are quality products. I found the sidewall on the Felts to be a LOT thicker than the Kenda, I don't recall the one on the Electra.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Dr. T

That Fatti-O is a nice looking tire for sure, but I'm not seeing a matching 26 x 2.1.25 which I would want for the front wheel. I am familiar with the felt Bricks, and could even buy them locally. The Felt Bricks are superior quality too!
ChristmasTorch003.jpg

But seeing as how I'm already sporting a set of these here, I'm gonna look for something a lil diff. Thanks for the response/links! :mrgreen:

Back