24 x 3 tire question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I um third it? I agree. Looks like a total hot rod, Look at that back tire oh dang! its SWEET!!

THANKS FOR THE COMPS

Hey every one, Thanks for the compliments ==== MUCH appreciated, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have a couple more projects in mind for summer 8) 8)

Hooch or locojoe,

How wide are the Kenda Kraze 24X3.0 when mounted? For example, the Nirve ...... which spec at 26X2.125 but are more like 2.3-2.4 when mounted.

Thanks, Steve

socal_jack said:
Hooch or locojoe,

How wide are the Kenda Kraze 24X3.0 when mounted? For example, the Nirve beep which spec at 26X2.125 but are more like 2.3-2.4 when mounted.

Thanks, Steve

This is on a rim that is about 1.25" in width.
24x3.jpg

Am I reading 2-11/16"? If so, that'll suit me just fine for a few frames I have. And that's the kenda kraze 24 x 3, right?

Thanks locojoe, that's awesome info. I thought it might be less than 3 from your seat stay clearance.

Thanks again aka_locojoe, got mine mounted measured 2.75" wide barely more than you measured( 2 11/16) on a 24X1.75 rim. Probably have 3/16" gap to chain with rear wheel centered.

IMG0255.JPG

Side shot, just a mockup still want to paint the clamps black and maybe smoke the legs, probably not the final bars either. Should be a smooooth ride.

IMG0257.JPG

i really love the fat tire bikes you all have posted on here ....

now i was wondering if anyone knows if they sell a 24X3 in Brick Red?

i am thinking....... a 24 Mead Ranger on steriods ..... but i cant loose the red rollies ....

i think its to far gone to restore hmmmm.....

i am so going to have to build one ....

but only if i can get the tires in brick red!

What size tubes are you guys putting in these? Big daddy has a tire waiting to go on a bike, but he needs to find the right tube. Are you guys using a regular 24" tube for cruisers and over inflating it or do they make a 3" tube, which we can't find? I get all kinds of answers from the LBS's around here (not so much the L but alot of BS's)! :mrgreen:
Any info would be appreciated.

Great looking bikes. Thanks for all the pics!
Chainsaw

Back