24" Schwinn Varsity frame with 26X2.125 tires. Pics, pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done it? I did it tonight. It's a tight fit, but with a little encouragement I think it'll work out just fine. I have a project in mind, and I want the small frame. My biggest challenge is getting the tire to clear the kick stand mount, I think I'll have to spread the frame a little. The same size tire fits in the 24" Schwinn forks too. Pictures tomorrow, Dean
Here's a link to pictures viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27383

Re: 24" Schwinn Varsity frame with 26X2.125 tires

no, pictures now! :p :mrgreen:

Bfw, you're in square peg, round hole territory! :lol: Of course, we want to see! :mrgreen: -Adam

Here's the frame. I'll fit the wheels and tires over the weekend. I may enter this as a build off bike. I have a plan, but no name yet.
100_1108.jpg

It works good. Here's my Varsity I just completed with Brick red 26"x2.125 tires.... :D :D I didn't do any modification at all to the frame or fork...BUT a tight fit. You need to make sure your rims are true! :D
006.JPG

That's sweet, did you do anything to the frame? Dean

you may have to cut the brake(or fender mount...whatever you want to call it) to spread the stay a little then just tack in a new mount and it should be all gravy from there...
post some pics when you get them on!

I have some stuff to do around the house tomorrow, but I plan on messing with it tomorrow night, and Monday. I also have the motor for my Roadster to put back together next week too, but I'll find the time. Dean

Well I got them on, but no pictures. I left shortly after fitting them to go to the mother in laws tonight for home made enchiladas, YUM!!!!!!!!!!!! Pictures tomorrow for sure. I spent most of the day straightening the rear of the frame, it looks like it was ran over. Dean

Back